How To Bid To Be Sure That You Win The Auction on eBay
If you find an item on Ebay that you simply must have - no matter what, there is really only one way to be sure that you win the auction.
- You want to try to be the first bidder
- This means that you want to check new listings as soon as possible -
- And, use eBay's email alert to tell you when this item is listed -
in case you might miss it
With this method, you need to check your email often.
- And, you need to bid ALMOST the very most in the world that you would
- If this is the only one you've ever seen, you may never get another
- You don't want to be screaming after the auction that you would have
paid that much if you'd known!
- If someone else has already bid on the item by the time you found it,
bid now and bid HIGH.
- If you bid high enough now, you may scare the other bidder enough to
This is especially true if you have a reputation for bidding high
enough to get what you want. Other bidders will know in advance that
they don't stand a chance.
- Bidding less than your highest now will just start the competition
bids from growing and growing.
- And, you need to snipe (see our section on sniping) at the very end.
- You can't sit back and feel sure that no one else will try to snipe
in a higher bid at the last minute.
- This is when you snipe in the very, very most you would ever pay.
You may be tempted to write the seller and offer
him the moon if he will shut down the bidding
immediately. Don't. This ruins everything an auction stands for. Other bidders
deserve their chance against the richest and the fastest. Besides, this method
could get you and the seller ousted for good.